Thursday 12 November 2009

Roebuck on Richmond Hill

The view of the Thames from the top of Richmond Hill has been celebrated for centuries and now has protected status. Read more here.


This is also the view from one of Richmond's most historic pubs, The Roebuck.
Get to the pub early, sit in the window, and the view, while you sup a pint of London Pride or one of the three guest beers, is priceless.

Alternatively, on a fine day, take your beer onto the terrace to enjoy the panorama in its full splendour. The painting copied above is by JMW Turner, a resident of Twickenham, painted in 1815; the ones below are my own take on such a delightful setting.


10 comments:

Brew Wales said...

Noticed you take a sip from the pint before photographing it. Good to see you have your priorities right!

Barry the Bus said...

Still looks like lager...

The Beer Justice said...

Barry
I can't remember the beer exactly but I can be sure in saying it was not lager :-) Steve

Boak said...

Nice pic!

Rudolph said...

Good picture and nice to see such a landscape getting protected status. Will Real Ale, a major part of British Heritage be afforded the same courtesy? Maybe we will see your picture with the ale in the National Gallery one day!!!

Darcy Rodger said...

Nice snap..I drink lighter Pilsner beer in the spring summer and dark in the fall and winter. My favorite summer beer is Straub thanks for sharing this article I love your site will recommend my friends.


darcy

Les Miserable-Gitte said...

One can get bored with the same view after a while...

The Beer Justice said...

Apologies LMG, I have been busy working on a new writing project and have been out of town for a few days too visitng student-boy. Normal service resumed soon...

LMG said...

Thanks TBJ, I can't wait...

Richmond Plumbing and Heating said...

Yes I love the idea of the beer with the landscape and it actually looks quite good one of the best pictures i've seen for a while !