Thursday 13 November 2008

Do you want a bag on your head ?

The credit crunch is reaching south west London.

I dropped into one of my local pubs in Barnes last night for a quick pint. My order of a pint of "ordinary" was met with "Do you want to order crisps or nuts with your pint ...?"

Now I am all for giving the customer what he wants (or what you think he wants) but I actually wanted a pint of Winter Warmer but there was no sign of it, only Wells Bombardier or St Austell Tribute.

Resisting the opportunity to be arsy, I declined the crisps and sat down with my newspaper for quiet reflection.

The pint of ordinary ? Absolutely fantastic....could not have been improved.....even by a packet of dry roasted.....

Cheers !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't the H & H in Sheen?

Anonymous said...

Do you carry a hand mirror or a powder compact in you newspaper for quiet reflection? Or were you reading the Mirror newspaper?

Anonymous said...

I'm a Guardian reader myself!

BryanB said...

It sounds like every time I go into Caffe Nero or wherever: "Black Americano please."
"Any muffins or pastries with that?"

If I wanted effin' muffins I'd ask for them....